The manager, whatever his level, is vulnerable in the early months of a new position. Regular meetings will clarify the various elements of his/her new position as well as the main responsibilities, and the best way to rally his/her team to achieve organizational goals. Our professionals provide a sustained support and guarantee of success throughout these first months.
Based on feedback derived from a multitude of working managers we have prepared a list of important points to consider to effectively manage these critical first hundred days.
Some of these points:
Before leaving the actual position
- Prepare an exit plan
- Ensure the transfer of files
- Organize a preparatory meeting with your replacement
During the first three months in the new position
- Meet with the superior – establish priorities
- Establish your management style early on – get out and talk to people
- Listen, listen and … listen
Three to six months
- Revise strategic perspective
- Meet with superior – revise priorities
- Communication channels with peers and staff are well implemented
1. Meet with the client to discuss the integration process.
2. Initial meeting with the newly hired or promoted manager to validate the integration process.
3. Periodic meetings with the manager to ensure a smooth integration.